Monday, April 14, 2014

A Challenge : 21 Days Of Gratitude

I read a quotation somewhere (probably Pinterest!)  that said "Be anything but Ungrateful". Life is an unending paradox of pain and joy and everything else in between, a wheel, it's what we compare it with. Yikes, Corneh. But it's a fact.. Whatever point in life you're stuck right now, is it something you're likely to thank for? When things seem perfect and fine, yep, it is so easy to say THANK YOU LORD! But when you're down , dreary , frustrated and hopeless it's just so hard to be grateful at all. Somehow, what keep us going even when we're dragged back and down by the weight of our problems, are the things that brightly shines our way even in the littlest way possible. Things. Stuffs. People. Which and whose values and impacts we tend to forget when the blinds are down. 

I'm actually on a very tight situation right now. I'm not a very optimistic person, I can be if I force myself to, but I'm more of like a Realist. Maybe half pessimist and half optimist. Whatever. So when I saw this post on Pinterest (Pinterest again. Yes. I'm addicted to it), 21 days of Contagious Gratitude, it instantly made me so interested! Contagious indeed. I thought right then that I'm definitely going to do this thing because It sounded so cool and less pretentious than the "100 happy days" that currently exist around Instagram and Facebook. Tell me, how can a person be happy for 100 days consecutively?  Yeah I know it's just  a "pampa-good vibes" kinda thing but It obviously won't work for me since I am not feeling very happy lately and If ever I'm going to be, I'll just be too lazy to post a happy picture every single day.  Not this one, though. It'll only take 21 days and not necessarily each day. I could miss one day when I feel lazy. Hahaha. Also, what made me wanna do this is  that, it's a chance for me  to go back to blogging. I've abandoned this blog for almost a year already and there's nothing I can do but shake my head for not keeping my words to update this from time to time. I decided to put it here instead and not in my social media accounts because it's always safer to sound corny when you write it up on a blog. Hehe. Anyway, this is my lineup of stuffs to thank for each day. I copy most of it on that post I saw on Pinterest.

Day 1 : A friend
Day 2 : Physical health
Day 3 : A family member
Day 4 : A defeat that made you stronger
Day 5 : A book
Day 6 : A teacher 
Day 7 : A skill/talent you possess
Day 8 : Adventure/Travel that opened your eyes
Day 9 :  Creation/Nature 
Day 10 : A time of day
Day 11 : A Co-worker/Colleague
Day 12 : A book
Day 13 : One thing in your bedroom
Day 14 : A person that made a big impact on you
Day 15 : An opportunity
Day 16 : A trait you love most about yourself
Day 17 : A job
Day 18 : A child
Day 19 : A place
Day 20 : Parents
Day 21 : Can't live without


Now let the days of gratitude begin. :)

I may not be the happiest person right now, but I can be the most grateful.




 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you wanna say?

 
;