Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Gratitude Challenge : Day 1 (A Friend)

So here goes my first post for the Contagious Gratitude Challenge, being thankful for a dear friend. If you ask me how many friends did I make in the entire years of my existence, I'll say it's quite plenty. But If you ask me how many remain and kept for so long, it's only just a few that I can count them with my fingers. There were more than one friend on my mind when I was thinking who's going to be the star of this post. But I've chosen one because she's my favorite of them all. A friend who'd been so close to me since college. Many found their real friends in high school but I found mine during college. I do have few high school friends that I'm still communicating with in the present but I didn't really know what firm friendship means 'til I met the friends who made me cherish the whole college experience so much.
 
I am thankful for a friend named Beverly. I call her Bevs, and sometimes for the sake of teasing her, Bebang. We've been friends for like four years already. We became classmates and instant friends since 2009 and I don't exactly remember HOW. I love her because she's a sum of all the amazing things a person could ask for in a friend. She's like a big sister to me. She's funny without her realizing it, She's maldita in all the right way, She's a diligent student,  more diligent than I was. A very responsible daughter and a very obedient sister. I will hardly forget all that she is and what a friend she was to me back on our student days and beyond. She'd save me a seat every time she knows I am going to be late in class. I always arrive late in class. And she's the one who'd text me to hurry up. She's the friend who'd always ask me why I didn't show up in our NLE review class and would make me feel guilty that I was wasting my review tuition. She's my conscience whenever I feel like going home in the middle of a review session because I'm too sleepy to listen. She's the friend I crammed up with minutes before taking that darn third part of our nursing licensure exam (which was a very bad idea), She's the friend I used to exchange stressful, worry thoughts with, She's the friend who knew me very well and stayed beside me despite my shortcomings. She's the friend who knows who's the guy I am currently attracted to and all the guys I was hopelessly in love with in the past. Loseeer. HAHA. She's the friend who's already worried why I haven't gotten myself a boyfriend yet. She's the friend who knows my present issues and recently told me to never give up...
 
Whoah. My eyes are a bit stingy now I can feel the tears coming out. Time to stop. Lol.
 
Thank you Lord for Bevs, a very precious friend , that I promise I will always treasure. She's in Norway now and God,  I miss her.
 

 
" We don't need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends we can be certain of."


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Anything you wanna say?

 
;